Join us at our information forum to share experiences and discuss NDIS & SILC updates.
Attendees: SILC Forums are open to existing and prospective members only.
Topics will include:
1) SILC Current State of Affairs:
- Head Office Staff Changes...meet the new SILC COO and Systems Coordinator
- SILC Homes Update
- SILCs NDIS Re-Registration Approved 29/8/19 with new registration groups added
- NDIS Stage 2 Audit Learnings - Goal Tracking, Worker Screening & WHS
- SILC House Compliance Check Learnings
2) Updated SILC Schedule of Fees effective 1 September 2019
- Which services are/aren't covered as part of the SILC SIL Provider Fee?
3) Discussion Topics
- What is the best way for SILC to communicate with House Operators?
- What are the major training needs for House staff?
4) NDIS Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) - What accommodation is the right fit for your family member?
Hear from Steve Anthony about the following SDA updates:
- New SDA Design Standards
- Some SDA pricing is expected to be increased under an out-of-cycle limited Pricing review
- Revisions are being made to SDA Rules to permit Participants to live in SDA with people who are not SDA eligible
- SDA application/approval process
A representative from the Summer Foundation will demonstrate how to use The Housing Hub - https://www.thehousinghub.org.au/ and how to articulate what your family member's accommodation needs are.